Maintaining a successful blog is a key strategy for many businesses. According to a recent study by a blogging giant, 55% of marketers state blogging is their priority for inbound marketing. Prioritizing a well-written, SEO-driven blog can make a significant difference for your business, with many beneficial results, such as 13 times more positive ROIs than competitors who stick solely to landing pages or other "formal" content.
Blogging & The Automotive Industry: What Are The Benefits?
You know blogging will be an essential part of your SEO strategy. However, are you aware of the many benefits of maintaining a blog and how it can grow your customer base and even foster new business and relationships? Before we dive into how to start a successful blog, learn why blogging is right for your dealership and how iFrog can make a difference from Day 1!
- You're the expert! Creating an automotive blog reflects your passion and knowledge of cars, making your dealership the perfect place to share information, tips, and relevant reading for new and returning customers.
- Blogs attract new leads. Blogs help you attract new customers and communicate with your audience to share upcoming trends, dealership events, and relevant information to your goals.
- Brand awareness & community involvement. You want to get to know your customers, but that often starts by allowing them to get to know you, your dealership, and what you value! Blogs are also a great way to share about your involvement in the community and what your dealership does to give back to others.
Automotive Blog Topic Examples
Connect with your audiences through informational and exciting blogs about your customer's needs and hobbies. Automotive blog topics can be anything from service tips, upcoming vehicle trends, and ways to explore with your new ride. Look at the following automotive blog topics to learn ways to highlight your dealership and employees!
- Service Technician of the Month
- Winter Tires vs. All-Season Tires
- Car Maintenance Timeline
- Best Trucks for Towing
- Top 10 SUVs for Camping
- Top Five Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a New Car
- The Best Cars for an Active Lifestyle
- Off-Road Adventures & the Best Places to Explore With Your Ride
How to Start a Successful Blog
Creating a successful blog is much like a baker or an artist pouring time, passion, and love into their craft. Like other creatives, bloggers understand their audiences and the content they find valuable and relatable. Investing time into a blog increases revenue, brand awareness, and conversions and fosters a sense of connection between the writer and readers. For those who wish to know the secret to starting a blog for beginners, we'll tell you! We even have a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Topic & Purpose
The first step to starting a successful blog is choosing a well-defined topic with purpose, value, and many subcategories to discuss as you expand your reach and platform. Asking yourself, "Why does this topic matter," or "Why does this blog exist?" is an excellent way to define your strategy and get the ball rolling.
Other questions to consider as you develop your blog topic and purpose include the following:
- What is your goal?
- What stories or anecdotes support your topic or make your blog relatable?
- What types of audiences share your passion for this topic or product?
- Is your team aligned with the direction and subject of the blog?
Step 2: Content Management Systems, URLs, Domain Names, & Registration
Once you've made it through the process of selecting your blog topic and purpose, the fun is just beginning. Next, you will choose your content management system (CMS) — or the platform you will use to create your blog — from several platforms like WordPress, Wix, Bluehost, Squarespace, or HubSpot.
After selecting your CMS, you will choose your domain name. A domain name is the text within a URL that identifies your website or business. The domain name that you choose can affect your organic rating, so it is essential to choose wisely.
An example includes: blog.wordpress.com/marketing/article-name
Step 3: Let's Design a Blog!
Design your blog to be captivating, thought-provoking, and eye-catching. One of the best tips for how to create a successful blog is to design a space that entices readers to stop and read or share your content. You can do this by creating a layout that is visually appealing, inviting, and on-brand. Your blog should be clean, organized, and easy to navigate without unnecessary widgets or pop-ups that frustrate users and cause readers to click off the page.
Step 4: iFrog Can Manage Your Blog!
Once your blog has been designed, it is time to get started! Choose who will write, run, and manage your blog to ensure successful operation. iFrog is adept at producing top-ranking, SEO-driven blog content that is engaging, informative, and valuable. We feature a dedicated team of content strategists that understands what your blog means to you and how to keep it running smoothly for whatever comes next.
Boost Your Business
Creating a blog is an excellent way to promote your business and connect with your audience. If you'd like to explore the many ways a blog could enhance customer engagement, brand awareness, and more, contact iFrog at email@example.com to get our assistance in creating a successful blog!